Behavioral Health Clinic seeks a fulltime Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner. They provide full psychiatric services which includes: psychotherapy, psychiatric treatment, medication management, inpatient and outpatient therapeutic services.
The Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner will be under the direction of the Medical Director and/or physician. The position will be predominantly outpatient Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The patient base will be adult population, 18 years and older.
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Obtain detailed history.
- Perform diagnostic evaluations and medication management.
- Instruct patients on prescribed therapeutic regimens, home care and health maintenance.
- Evaluate outcomes of direct patient care and consults with other specialists as required.
- Maintain required records and write progress notes on patient charts as to status, treatments and procedures.
- Provide preventative health care services to long-term patients and arrange consultations and referrals.
Successful candidates must have a psych certification. Preference is for candidates with experience. There is a competitive benefits package provided.