Acute Care and Trauma Surgery Group is seeking a Full Time Physician Assistant(PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP), to function as Surgical PA/NP. We are a diverse group of six established general and trauma surgeons providing state-of-the-art elective, urgent and emergency surgical care to a mid-size city served by a 500-bed full service teaching hospital and trauma center. In addition, we function as the core faculty for an accredited general surgery residency program affiliated with University of California, Irvine.
The Surgical PA/NP will provide diagnostic, therapeutic, surgical and preventive care, under the supervision of one of our senior surgeons. The surgical PA/NP will assist us in the global management of surgery patient care in the hospital and outpatient setting. In this position the primary roles of the surgical PA/NP will be:
(1) providing daily independent non-operative care to a small number (typically less than six) of surgical patients in the acute and subacute hospital setting, coordinating their care with other specialties and services and arranging their discharge plans
(2) providing independent office care of established surgical patients in the outpatient setting, mostly in the form of post-operative evaluation and management and wound care in our modern clinic located on the hospital campus
Surgical assistance in the operating room is not required, but qualified applicants will have the opportunity to perform office based procedures under the supervision of our surgeons. The position does not require call coverage, and typical work hours are from 7AM to 3PM Monday to Friday.
We offer a very competitive compensation package, benefits package and a pleasant work environment. Our current benefit package include, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401K, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, (medical and daycare), vacation, sick and holiday programs.
- Current and Valid CA RN/Nurse Practitioner License and/or CA Physician Assistant License.
- Current certificate of completion from an accredited Physician Assistant Program or Nurse Practitioner Program, preferred.
- CA Furnishing License & DEA License
- Current CPR and ACLS certifications
- 1-year advance practice experience and 3-years acute care clinical practice.
- 2-years of surgical PA/NP experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Basic NP skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to make decisions using discretion and independent judgment.