Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner – Trauma Unit
McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness, and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
- Leads the multidisciplinary clinical team
- Provides clinical services to a team of up to 7 assigned patients every business day
- Documents each clinical visit in the medical record on the day of service, completes treatment plans, and completes discharge summaries
- Participates in team rounds and other clinical meetings, and helps coordinate all treatment and discharge planning
- Oversees appropriate medical care & prescribes medications as noted in the “McLean Hospital Guidelines for Practice Document”
- Meets with families for clinical discussions as needed
- Communicates with referring sources, primary care physicians, and other community providers
- Attends program and hospital administrative meetings
- Complies with all hospital clinical and administrative policies
- Participates in utilization management, risk management, and quality assurance activities
- Participates in appropriate standing hospital committees
- Provides supervision of medical trainees, nursing trainees, and others as appropriate
- Facilitates integration of program services with other clinical programs and non-clinical departments in conjunction with other program leadership
- Facilitates the integration of clinical services with research
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner.
- One year of nurse practitioner experience treating psychiatric patients preferred.
- Previous experience working with trauma patients preferred
- American Nurses Association Certification as Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Required to complete electronic medical records training and demonstrate 80% accuracy on competency test within 30 days of hire.
- Basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or a condition related to pregnancy including, but not limited to, lactation or the need to express breast milk for a nursing child, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
A Member of the Partners Healthcare System.