Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner –Clarksville, Tennessee (Excellent Collaborating Psychiatrist)—New Graduate PMHNP candidates considered!
General Summary: We are seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to join a well-respected practice and work collaboratively with the lead Psychiatrist and Medical Director. The Provider would be responsible for psychiatric evaluations and assessments as well as medication management in both an in-patient and out-patient (mixed setting). Excellent management team with growth opportunities available for Providers!
1. Education – Master of Science in Nursing with Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Concentration
2. Experience – 1 year experience as a PMHNP; prefered 2 – 5 years’ experience as a registered nurse, medical nurse practitioner, or other relevant experience with psychiatric and/or long term care.
3. Certification – Board Certified as a PMHNP by either AANC or AANP
4. Screening –Approval from the National Practitioner Data Bank – Healthcare Integrity and Protection Data Bank.
5. Skills -
a. Provides clinical leadership;
b. Critical thinking;
c. Active learning;
d. Social perceptiveness;
e. Professional judgment and decision making;
f. Time management skills;
g. Participation in performance improvement process;
h. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
i. Organized and diligent;
j. Comfortable with technology and able to work well independently with collaborative physician support
k. Good judgment in prompt, accurate and creative diagnoses of patient symptoms and coordination of patient care;
l. Knowledge of general legal aspects of clinical practice and professional standards;
m. Knowledgeable of and demonstrates the mission of the Hospital;
n. Promotion of the reduction of stigma of mental illness;
o. Knowledgeable of the persons served and their rights; and
p. Advocate for the needs of persons served;
B. Service Responsibilities. The PMHNP is to provide direct services appropriate and necessary for the Hospital including, but not limited to, the following:
1. direct psychiatric and mental health care, in the nurse practitioner role, to patients, in accordance with: (i) Hospital policies and procedures as established from time to time by the Hospital; (ii) state and federal laws and regulations including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”); and (iii) laws and regulations of all other applicable entities, including federal, state and local regulatory agencies
(collectively, the "Regulatory Agencies");
2. participate in treatment team meetings, as needed, particularly when the Medical director is not available, in order to assist in coordinating the clinical activities performed at the Hospital;
3. assist as appropriate in developing and implementing quality treatment programs, critical pathways, clinical programs and modalities to meet the needs of the Hospital and its patients;
4. assist the Hospital as role appropriate in attaining and maintaining compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, CMS, the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities, and the Tennessee Department of Health;
5. assist Hospital staff and Medical Director as needed to evaluate the quality and appropriateness of services and treatment provided by the medical, nursing and other clinical staff including, but not limited to, the need for restraints, seclusion, physical holds and medications;
6. assist in developing, coordinating and participating in continuing education and in-service training programs for the Hospital's staff;
7. act as a representative and goodwill ambassador for the Hospital to patients, families, practitioners and other members of the community and to promote their satisfaction with the Hospital's services;
8. assist as a consultant, where appropriate for nurse practitioner role, as needed, in regulatory or accreditation surveys as requested by the Hospital;
9. assist in direct medical services as necessary in any medical emergency;
10. provide all services in a non-discriminatory manner without distinction or regard to race, age, gender, color, religion, national origin, or disability; and
11. perform such other duties as may from time to time be agreed to by the Medical Director and Hospital.
12. Compensation: Competitive Compensation (negotiable depending upon experience--$115,000-$130,000+) and full benefits package, including medical dental and 401K. Malpractice covered at 100% with CME allowance, and paid CME Time off and PTO. $5,000 Signing Bonus and Relocation Package (relocation package will reimburse provider’s relocation expenses).