At Directions for Living, we offer hope, recovery and compassion while restoring each person’s dignity and quality of life. We strengthen individuals and families by wrapping them in our services, linking to relevant resources, and lowering the cost of care. We help build a healthier, safer community through integrated healthcare and social support, and we have a passion for the clients we serve.
Directions for Living has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care principles throughout our agency. Candidates should have knowledge and/or interest in assisting Directions for Living carry out this implementation. This position requires clinical, psychiatric, medical, and administrative duties for Adults and Children. This position entails assisting with medication groups and psychiatric case staffings.
- Direct Services
- Assist in the provision of all medical services, including but not limited to, case staffing, psychiatric evaluations and pharmacological needs.
- Assure the implementation and delivery of high quality mental health services to Directions' clients.
- Perform psychiatric evaluations for assigned clients, or as directed.
- Perform psychiatric staffings or consultation as needed with staff.
- Provide input and supervision to corporate personnel regarding clinical casework, planning, and program operations.
- Adhere to regulatory bodies and licensing rules, guidelines, and schedules.
- Participate in State and Federal program inspections and site visits and ensure that areas of responsibility meet or exceed standards.
- Function as part of the treatment team.
- Administrative Services
- Update consumers' treatment plans appropriately, according to Program expectations.
- Maintains progress notes according to Program policies and procedures.
- Complete consumer transfers, referrals, summaries, reports, authorization for release of information, consumer closings and other forms according to Organization Program policies and procedures.
- Complete administrative report and forms according to program expectations.
- Monitor medical needs and problems, and review them with appropriate staff.
- Consultation and Education
- Provide medical consultative services to other staff as needed (i.e.; side effects of medications, reading lab results, etc.).
- Participate in and provide in-service training to corporate staff as appropriate.
- Formal Education
- Licensed Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Florida Nursing License
- Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to relate well to all types of people.
- Reading and writing skills that enable employees to read physician orders and to write treatment plans and progress notes.
- Effectively apply clinical knowledge.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Psychiatric experience and at least three (3) years progressively responsible experience.
- Knowledge of DSM-IV and ICD-9 diagnostic codes.
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications
- Familiar with Marchman and Baker Act laws; available to sign 3052's.
- Knowledge of licensing rules, guidelines and schedules.
- Requires ability to stay calm and follow procedures in a crisis.
- Requires stamina to keep pace in a rapidly moving and fast paced office.
- To communicate ideas in a clear concise written format; adequately express self both verbally and in writing.
- To monitor consumers through both visual and auditory means.