Physician Assistant Pain Management:
Coastal Orthopedics & Sports Medicine/Pain Management is growing! We currently have an opening for an experienced Physician Assistant to work in our state of the art facilities located on the beautiful West Coast of sunny Florida. You'll enjoy year round outdoor activities and have time to enjoy them! Your typical week is Mon-Fri working with patients in a clinic setting. We are currently seeking motivated individuals with a minimum of two years’ experience in a Pain Management setting (strong recent grads may be considered).
WE OFFER YOU:
- 100% paid medical premium for Associates. Family coverage is available.
- Dental, Vision and Supplemental Life insurance
- Supplemental Accident, Cancer and Short Term Disability Insurance available
- 401k Program – Once eligible, the company contributes 3% of your biweekly compensation to your 401k account even if do not contribute
- (17) days of PTO year one through beginning of 3rd year (continues to increase)
- (3) Paid CME Days & Up to $2500.00 for CME reimbursement
Great place to work - Super people / Awesome doctors!
Physician Assistant for Orthopedics Clinic - Pain Management Dept.
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Physician Assistant practices medicine under the supervision of a Coastal Pain & Rehabilitation physician and within their scope of practice and in accordance with Florida Laws and specific privileges granted by any hospital that has issued such privileges.
KNOWLEDGE OF JOB
Starred (*) items are to be considered essential functions of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- *Perform follow-up History and Physical Examination
- *Perform Clinic Duty for Coastal Patients
Render Treatment to the Coastal Patients in Clinic:
Including but not limited to: Joint and trigger point injections,
Possible Botox injections for migraine headaches
Complete Appropriate Charting:
Medicine & Miscellaneous Orders
- *Order Appropriate Tests With Supervising Physician Corroboration
Collect and Interpret Lab Tests
Other Diagnostic Tests
- Suggest Scheduled (II – V) Medications for Patients With Supervising Physician Corroboration
- Scheduling appropriate procedures
- Perform Call Duties as Per the Supervising Physician
- Other Duties as Assigned by Physician and / or Supervisor
1. Graduate from accredited PA Program
1. One (1) year experience - Recent graduate from accredited PA Program may be considered
C. Other Requirements:
1. Must be currently licensed in the State of Florida
2. Pain Management, clinic or hospital setting experience preferred but not required
3. Current CPR Basic Certification
4. Must demonstrate the ability to acquire the necessary skills/functions to perform the job in an acceptable manner within three (3) months
AMERICAN DISABILITIES ACT
- Physical Requirements: The position requires a considerable amount of physical work not to exceed 50 lbs. Any workload exceeding 50lbs will require assistance. The individual will be required to pull or lift up to reposition patients, lift supplies, place equipment on supports, and perform external cardiac compressions. The individual must be able to bend, kneel, or crouch in order to perform certain duties.
- Working Conditions: This individual spends approximately 100% of his or her time in and air-conditioned environment. This position does have limited exposure to malodorous, infectious body fluids from patients and limited exposure to noxious smells from different work environments encountered.