Virgin Islands Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine has an immediate opening for an Orthopaedic Physician Assistant. If you are an active person who loves the outdoors, especially activities that are in or on the water, this is the place for you. When you are not working, you can be surfing, kite boarding, snorkeling, diving, or anything else. If you want to work and play in one of the worlds most beautiful places, send us your CV today!
- Assists physician during office hours, and during hospital rounds to assure timely flow of patients. Participates in all aspects of patient care.
- Serves as a first assistant during surgical cases when needed (may be necessary in main O.R. and outpatient surgery center).
- Performs hospital rounds for inpatients.
- Provides coverage with evaluation, treatment, and documentation of service for patients requiring orthopaedic care.
- Assists physician during office hours including preoperative and postoperative instructions.
- Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding treatment instructions and medications.
- Documents all patient encounters. Completes Medical Necessity letters. Completes forms for Workman’s Comp. and Disability.
- Discusses patient care and necessary home equipment with Homecare Nurse.
- Prepares discharge letters and make post-op calls to referring physicians.
- Reviews charts preoperatively and document any pertinent information.
- Writes, faxes and/or phones in prescriptions for patients.
- Liaisons between VI Orthopaedics physician and outside consulting physicians regarding patient care.
- Assists physician during hospital rounds with post-op patients.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.