Independent single physician rheumatology practice located in picturesque Chambersburg in central Pennsylvania is seeking a trained and experienced full-time nurse practitioner. This position affords the right candidate an independent work environment with access to a collaborating physician at any time. This opportunity provides a work environment that is professional with enough staff to provide quality care to patients and supportive staff to ensure a quality experience for patients and healthcare staff and providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering quality patient care.
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with regulatory standards.
- Facilitates evaluation of records by physician, peers, maintaining quality standards according to protocols, and receives and implements constructive directives.
- Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or "hands-on training" and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Ideal candidate must have excellent knowledge of advanced nursing practice, experience of prioritizing needs and informed decision making care delivery, ability to work autonomously and independently, self-motivated, well developed communication in interpersonal skills, able to influence, inspire and effectively work with others, flexible approach to work and willingness to develop new approaches to care, ability to handle conflict respecting others’ values and opinions.
2-5 years’ work experience as a nurse practitioner. Must possess a valid Pennsylvania license as a Registered Nurse and be recognized by the PA State Board of Nursing as a Certified Nurse Practitioner with an active license with board certification. Candidate must also be eligible to hold a valid DEA license.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary negotiable and commensurate to experience
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Annual expense budget for dues, journals, continuing education, licensure, DEA, board certification
- Participation in 401-K Deferral & Match after One Year of Service and Discretionary Profit Sharing After Two Years of Service