We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner to become a part of our team!
I am looking for a full-time experienced Nurse Practitioner trained in Internal Medicine to work with me in an Internal Medicine/HIV private practice. We desire a Nurse Practitioner who is personable, talented with attention to details, and has a willingness to be a team player. The position is available now. We are open Monday to Friday with Wednesday evening hours. A candidate should have excellent clinical judgment, bedside manner, and the ability to perform in a sometimes distracted environment. We use an EMR and and strive to consistently achieve ACO compliance. You should have at least one year experience as a clinical Nurse Practitioner post-training in an Internal Medicine capacity and a plus if you have experience with HIV treatment and prevention. Salary will ultimately depend on experience and other intangibles. After a three-month trial period, benefits include: paid vacation time, 401 K, and payment toward health insurance will be offered.
Responsibilities: initial patient screenings, history, and physical exam, as well as updating the medical record at every appointment, phlebotomy for lab tests, counseling on lifestyle, diet, disease prevention, communication via secure patient portal, collaborating with me on clinical decisions.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illnesses, including HIV and prevention
- Prescribe all necessary medications and treatments
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations and ROS of patients
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Communicate with collaborating physician or specialist regarding patient care
- Lab review, medication refills, prior-authorizations, and other office duties
- 1 year previous experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills