Rheumatology Group seeks to add another full time Physician Assistant or a Nurse Practitioner to their team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform histories and physical examinations, including musculoskeletal examinations.
- Perform in-office procedures (joint and soft tissue injections) including large and medium joints, trigger points etc.
- Order and analyze laboratory, radiographic examinations and other diagnostic testing.
- Clearance of patient for, and overall monitoring of, patients during infusion of rheumatology specific medications.
- Coordinate care with primary care, orthopaedic and other subspecialist providers.
- Provide patient and family education.
- Provide preventative medicine and proactive care.
- Prescribe medications including specialty medications specific to rheumatology.
The new PA/NP needs to be an independent thinker, self-confident, work well in a fast-paced environment and have excellent interpersonal skills. There is no call or evenings. The doctor will train an experienced family practice or internal medicine PA/NP. The location is a very desirable Virginia based college town.
Compensation: Base salary range: Open (depends on experience). Additionally, there is a full benefits package provided.