Western Bariatric, AMC is seeking a Advanced Practice Clinician to become a part of our general/bariatric surgical team! You will focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team. The key responsibilities for this position are direct patient care in the operating room as first assisting, hospital rounds and outpatient surgical clinics. The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and patient-care skills. Our group is well established with over 15 years servicing the Inland Empire and beyond. We currently employ and provide mentorship with 6 fellowship trained and board certified general/bariatric surgeons who are well known in their specialty. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and/or expand services of general surgery within the practice while enjoying the support of the entire group. Training and backup for the bariatric aspects of the practice will be provided as well.
- Work closely assisting both general and bariatric surgeons in and out of the operating room
- Prescribe all necessary medications and treatments
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations of patients both in clinic and while rounding at the hospital
- Develop and implement patient management policies and procedures
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Communicate with collaborating surgeon regarding patient care
- Other duties may be designated by surgeons.
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities