Jun 3, 2019
The Director of Health Services assumes leadership of the Institute's Health Services Department. Responsible for administration, clinical services and reporting matters of Health Services. Provide a full range of clinical services, education and consultation, supervision of all licensed staff, and after-hours emergency coverage. The Director establishes and maintains a close relationship with staff, faculty, and administration. Crisis intervention is an integral component of this department.
- Provide direct patient care(i.e., perform physical examinations, diagnose and treat acute and chronic health problems; perform and interpret diagnostic tests; prescribe medication; administer injections and immunizations; and refer patients as appropriate).
- Educate students on positive health behaviors and self-care skills, develop outreach programs, and participate in training of residence and orientation staff.
- Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervise nursing and support staff, including individual clinical supervision, group case management, chart review, and oversight of records and statistics. Directs the work operation, develops performance standards, reviews and makes performance evaluations, provides guidance to staff, and approves personnel actions within the department including promotions, hiring, and disciplinary.
- Reviews, approves, and tracks medical leaves/withdrawals in collaboration with the Student Affairs Care Manager.
- Provides consultation services for students, faculty, and staff.
- Maintains and enhances collaboration with Counseling Services, the Learning/Access Center, and the Student Affairs Care Manager. Co-facilitates weekly case management meetings and supervises regular referrals and consultations between departments.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate referral agencies and individual practitioners.
- Develop and oversee the departmental budget.
- Oversee the immunization processes. Oversees the student insurance program in partnership with Student Financial Services.
- Maintain liaison with local medical centers and health care professionals.
- Ensure compliance with hazardous waste removal guidelines.
- Serve as liaison to consulting medical providers
- Maintain a medical supplies inventory.
- Serve on the Institute Assessment and Care Team.
- Provide Emergency Crisis response.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education: Masters Degree in Nursing in Family Health or Adult Health or Bachelor's degree from an accredited PA program, Master's degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of five years administrative experience, seven years clinical experience, including two years as a certified nurse practitioner or physician assistant, or equivalent. Experience working in a college health center preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
- NYS Registered Nurse Practitioner (NP) license and current NP registration
- NYS Registered Professional Nurse license and current RN registration
- Applicable National Board Certification (such as ANCC or AANP)
- Current BLS (must be issued by American Heart Association)
- Infection Control Certificate
- Current DEA registration certificate
- Current NYS Physician Assistant license and registration
- NCCPA board certification
- American Heart Association BLS/ACLS certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills with knowledge and sensitivity to work with a diverse and multicultural population
- Knowledge and use of an electronic health record management system
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.