Visalia Medical Clinic is seeking a qualified Advanced Practice Provider to join our Urgent Care Practice, Sequoia Prompt Care. This is a unique opportunity to join a practice in sunny, affordable Central California. Visalia Medical Clinic is the largest multi-specialty group between Fresno and Bakersfield with over 60 physicians and advanced practice providers in over 16 specialties.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program/Nurse Practitioner Program
- Current Licensure by (or ability to obtain) the California Physician Assistant Board or Current Licensure by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Nurse Practitioners.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider certification or American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification
- ACLS preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtains detailed history and develops patient care charts; performs physical examinations and evaluations on assigned patients; assesses and treats medical problems and provides direct patient care to a specified patient population.
- Assists in providing pre-op and post-op care; writes appropriate orders, including those for narcotics, stimulants, and depressant drugs.
- Notifies attending physician on call, house physician on call, or supervising physician regarding any unusual or unexpected events or problems requiring direct physician consultation.
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care and support staff within the clinic.
- Writes progress notes on patients' charts indicating patient status and treatment procedures performed; maintains other records as required.
- Provides health education to patients, families and/or community health practitioners and groups; may train and supervise medical residents engaged in specific clinical activities.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- May perform clinical research related to specific operations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Long-term disability insurance
Visalia, CA is located in the heart of the Central Valley and is referred to as the Gateway to the Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Conveniently located between San Francisco and Los Angeles, Visalia is known for its rich agriculture, delicious dining, and its warm and welcoming small town charm. Visalia offers the unique combination of affordable housing, easy commute to work, a family friendly community and economic opportunity.