Neurosurgeon needs second PA full time to assist in surgery 2 days a week and clinic 3 days a week. No night or weekend call duties. Competitive benefits and salary to commensurate based on previous experience directly related to Neurosurgery.
Clinic duties include but not limited to:
• Seeing neurosurgery patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
• Performing detailed assessments.
• Comprehensive history and physicals
• Ordering appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures
• Assisting in patient education
• Develop a treatment plan for neurosurgical conditions within the scope of practice and in conjunction with the neurosurgeon
• Implement therapeutic intervention for specific conditions where appropriate
• Exercise judgment on conditions requiring consultation, referral, or evaluation by the supervising neurosurgeon or other healthcare professionals
Hospital Duties including but not limited to:
• First assist to physician in surgery
• Conduct hospital rounds on a daily basis
• Perform all admission history and physicals
• Order appropriate laboratory and radiology tests
• Evaluate and clarify clinical conditions
• Formulate and implement treatment and therapeutic plan for hospitalized patients
• Discharge planning
• Discharge summaries